1. Sleep is the most important physiological and psychological restorative procedure nature has given the human body.
2. Sleep deprivation happens when an individual doesn’t get enough quantity and quality of sleep.
3. A normal adult requires 8 hours of refreshing sleep.
4. The main causes for sleep deprivation are:
a) High levels of Stress or anxiety
b) Clinical Depression
d) Bad dietary habits before sleeping.
e) Bad sleeping posture or habits
f) Addictions like alcoholism
g) Bad sleep hygiene
5. Sleep Deprivation is an important signal from the brain to alter you of coming emotional, behavioral and psychological dangers
a. Identification of the cause for sleep deprivation
b. Lifestyle and dietary modifications
c. Maintenance of sleep hygiene.