What is premature ejaculation?
• Premature ejaculation (PE) is a condition in which a man ejaculates earlier than he or his partner would like him to.
• Premature ejaculation is also known as rapid ejaculation, rapid climax, premature climax, or early ejaculation.
• Most men experience premature ejaculation at least once in their lives. PE affects 25%-40% of men
• On an average the premature ejaculation could be suggested by an intra-vaginal intercourse of less than about 2 minutes
• Premature ejaculation occurs when a lack of ejaculatory control interferes with sexual or emotional well-being in one or both partners.
What are the Causes:
1. Clinical depression,
2. Stress over financial matters,
3. Unrealistic expectations about performance,
4. A history of sexual repression,
5. Overall lack of confidence / inferiority complex..
6. Lack of communication between partners, hurt feelings, or unresolved conflicts that interfere with the ability to achieve emotional intimacy.
7. Performance anxiety.
8. Or caused simply by extreme arousal.
Premature ejaculation Diagnosis?
It can be diagnosed only and only through performance during sexual intercourse.
Ejaculatory phase measured through masturbation is wrong and doesn’t give a complete diagnosis of the issue.
How to treat it?
1. Treatments are focused on gradually training and improving mental habituation to sex and physical development of stimulation control.
2. In clinical cases, various medications to help slow down the speed of the arousal response.
3. Masters and Johnson recommended a start and stop technique to increase the time until ejaculation. This requires a great deal of couple cooperation and communication, and may be difficult for some.
4. Another method is that of performing routines such as Kegel exercises, which, as mentioned above, relate to gaining voluntary control of the PC muscle and thus give a person more control over ejaculation. When ejaculating, the control of this muscle is said to be lost, and thus, learning to maintain control of it can be of aid to some.