Sibling rivalry is very common. Its very easy for a child to feel he is loved lesser than his other sibling.
Here are some tips on how can parents increase sibling love.
1. Teach children the importance of Unconditional Love
2. Teach them to be a team – Give their “tag-team” a specific name. Make them work as a team.
3. Let them give advice to each other. – Never over-correct the advice. Let them explore and understand the importance of giving truthful advices.
4. Teach them to defend each other. – Protecting each others gives a great sense of security.
5. Encourage them to share secrets among themselves. Its a good sign if they don’t tell these secrets to the parents. It creates positive connect.
6. Encourage them to make each other laugh and too cheer up each other.
7. Teach them to listen to each other. Don’t be in a hurry to behave big. Listen to each other, even if it sounds stupid.. its essential to listen.
8. After fights, teach them to forget the issue immediately and pick up from where they left.
9. Teach them to be each others supporter. They might not understand each others mind set, but by supporting the other they will understand the power of team work.
10. Teach them never to gossip or hurt each other publicly.. Its essential they feel proud of the other in public, shower appreciation to others and never let any negativity out.
MIND MANTRA – having siblings is a big advantage. Its essential that children are taught this at a very young age. It increases their team work capacity, their ability to love and makes them confident to battle the world, that they have a backing.
- Dr.Hemant Mittal