What is adjustment Disorder?
It’s emotional, behavioral and psychological problems that arise from an error in adjusting to a new place, family, job, culture, country, etc
What are the symptoms?
• Individual is exposed to a new physical, emotional or psychological situation. i.e. shifting a job, going to a new city, new country. Getting married, living with a new family.
• The person takes more than usual time to get adjusted to his new situation.
• These symptoms evidenced are 3 or more of the following:
1. Increased stress levels
2. Decreased social interaction
5. Emotional instability
6. Conduct problems- increased anger, irritation.
7. Decreased sexual pleasure
8. Decreased interest in activities that earlier gave pleasure
9. Guilt or self-blame.
10. Need to change the current situation.
How to Treat it?
I look towards the complete cure through an interaction of various holistic techniques:
a. Psychotherapy- using CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy), REBT, NLP (neuro-linguistic programming)
b. Meditative Techniques- Yoga, Hypnosis, Self-hypnosis, guided thought control
c. Alternative Medications – Ayurveda, Homeopathy
d. Modern Medications- New age, non-sedative, non-addictive medications.